Zac - After another successful summer selling pest control, Zac has now found a "real" job. He works at Athletic Republic, which is a company that specializes in training athletes from 9 and up. He is the sales consultant for all of their franchises. He has been very busy setting up a new sales protocol and traveling to visit different centers. The only bad thing about the job is the commute to Park City. We miss seeing him as much as we used to, but are glad he is happy at work.
Katie - I am happy to be staying at home, even though it feels like we're never here. It feels great to be with Beckett all day. While I do miss some parts of teaching, like my cute students and my great co-workers, I do not miss grading papers. Being a mom is the best and busiest job out there. Zac and I recently started P90X, which is a workout system that totally kicks your butt. It's been fun to do something together each night and I am proud to share that I am now smaller than I was in high school. It feels good.
Beckett - One word: busy. He is such a good natured little boy. He loves Sesame Street, especially Elmo and Big Bird. They are our constant companions when we run errands. He loves to sing and dance and loves watching movies with music. In fact, he is such a TV junkie that sometimes I feel like an awful mother for letting him watch it. He has said a few words: mama, dada, baba, bubbles, and Elmo, but he doesn't use them often. He is a point and grunt kind of kid. He knows lots of animal sounds though: elephant, zebra (horse), lion, monkey, gorilla, sheep, cow, dog, cat, snake, dinosaur, as well as car and airplane. He keeps us entertained, that's for sure. Much to our dismay, he is a slow teether and only has 2 1/2 teeth, but he manages eating just fine and will eat just about anything. One of our favorite tricks is when he screams after hearing the Jaws theme. We love him and feel so lucky to be his parents.
Posts to look forward to (sooner rather than later):
- Our summer in Texas
- Our annual trip to Jackson Hole
- Beckett's birthday parties (yes, there was more than one)
- Our visit to Iowa
- The Witches at Gardner Village
- Halloween
- Thanksgiving

Beckett is a handsome little man! I look forward to hearing more about him and your adventures. :)
ReplyDelete