Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back in the Heart of Texas

Oh how things have changed since I gave up (or just sorely neglected) blogging months ago.  In February, the company Zac was working for started having a little financial trouble.  Lucky for us, about that same time we were presented with the opportunity to buy in to Reliant Pest Management and help set up the Austin office.  So Zac quit his "normal" job and we returned to the life I had sworn we would leave ASAP.  Funny how things work out.  While working his "normal" job, Zac worked 12 hour days, so we actually saw him less than we did with pest control.  And it is nice to have the flexibility back that pest control offers.  So far, it is treating us well.
So we packed up a trailer and a storage unit and we moved back to Texas.  There were lots of tears from the grandmas (they miss Beckett more than they miss Zac and me), but we set out.  The packing was awful (I've never packed an entire house before), the drive was long (we caravanned for three days), but we made it here safely.  We have been busy since we got here.  Zac is selling and operating the office from our apartment, and Beckett and I have lots of playdates, gymnastics, time at the pool, etc.  We are so glad to be back in Austin.  We love the city and Zac has a great crew of guys working for him this summer.  Austin really is our home-away-from-home and we are excited to be here.

*Since I am so behind, I will start with the more recent events first, and then go back and fill in what I missed from last year.  It won't be pretty, but it will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment